Is Aluminum High In Your Hair Test?
High on Aluminum?
Perhaps you have just received a hair anaysis test that is showing you to be high or off the chart in Aluminum.
The first thing you might ask is where in the world this high Aluminum could be coming from?
You don’t eat out of Aluminum Cans, your cookware is stainless steel and you definitely don’t use anything that contains Aluminum!
How can I possibly be high in Aluminum?
First off, lets discuss the different sources of Aluminum in your diet. Aluminum can be found in Baking soda (except for baking soda labeled aluminum free), water, processed cheese which contains around 297 to 695 milligrams of aluminum per kilogram, pickles, non dairy creamer, cocoa, some baked goods can contain as much as 400mg per kilogram due to the use of aluminum containing baking powder, and of course food eaten and stored in cans.
Some foods contain naturally occurring Aluminum such as Beef, poultry, ham and eggs. Fish also contains about 4mg of Aluminum per Kg. But one of the highest naturally occurring aluminum foods is Tea Leaves. They tend to have a high amount of aluminum, as much as 4mg of aluminum per litre of steeped tea.
Now you are probably thinking that you cannot eat these foods, but the truth is that there are other minerals in your body that are antagonistic or have a detoxing effect on Aluminum. These minerals include, Calcium, Magnesium, zinc and Vitamin C.
Most people can make sure that any exposure to natural occurring aluminum is taken care of by eating a well balanced diet and or supplementing with the above minerals and vitamins.
You also need to make sure you watch out for your cosmetics and body care products. Aluminum can be found in make up, clay containing products or face masks, anti-perspirants and deodorant, some shampoos and hair dyes. Make sure you know what you are putting on your skin, as what you put on your skin you are essentially ingesting.
What about Environmental exposure?
This is a big one. I find that the people who have the highest amount of Aluminum in their hair test results are often being exposed through environmental contamination.
These sources include, but are not limited to
- Drinking water
- Stratospheric Aerosol Injection
- Vaccines and Flu Shots
- Pesticides and Herbicides
- Jet fuel
- Factory work
- Medications like Antacids, aspirin, analgesics, anitdirraheals, and others.
- The soil we grow our food in is contaminated
- The air we breathe
So What Are Some of the Affects of Aluminum in the Human Body?
- Dry skin
- Brain fog
- Loss of memory
- Aversion to meat
- Dementia and Alzheimers
- Dental Cavities
- Neuromuscular disorders
This list is not exclusive, but you can see how detrimental Aluminum can be to human health.
SO WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT?
- Get Tested - One of the best ways that I know how to find Aluminum in the body is with Hair Mineral Analysis. Aluminum will often show up in the first hair test that you do, unless you are a poor eliminator. This will usually take a good supplement protocol and another hair test before we start to see the Aluminum being detoxed and showing up on your hair test.
- Supplement - If your hair test shows you to have aluminum toxicity or poor eliminator patterns, the best thing you can do is to supplement your body with the required nutrients. Aluminum is not that hard to detox out of the body with a proper nutritional balancing program.
- Avoid Body Care Products that contain Aluminum - It is best to search out natural alternatives and use organic whenever possible. The skin is our largest organ, what you put on your skin, you put in your body.
- De-Stress Your Life - When your body is stressed your pathways of elimination will be impaired. Keeping stress down in your life will ensure that you can effectively eliminate metals like aluminum. I suggest nature walks, deep breathing and meditation and activities that inspire joy.
- Drink Filtered Water - I never suggest drinking water from a tap to anyone. Tap water is one of the worst things we can put in our bodies in my opinion. It has been found to contain not only aluminum, but medications, fluoride, chlorine, among other scary things.
Make sure that you work with a Qualified Practitioner who is educated on how to Balance Minerals to detoxify the body.
This article is currently not being moderated for comments.
Please contact us if you have any questions.